Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Epistle - 3.4.09

Good Wednesday Everyone!

Today is officially the best P-Day of my mission thus far. Brother Yuen, a member of our ward who moved to DC from Hong Kong about 40 years ago, decided to take us to play tennis, and then to the best chinese restaurant (according to him) in DC.

Anyone who knows me well knows that this was a bit exciting for me :). It's the first time I've gotten to play tennis out on my mission, and one of the other Elders could play pretty well so we had a lot of fun playing one on one while the other 3 elders dinked around. It is very cold out so of course Brother Yuen had reserved indoor courts. As far as score... we had to leave when it was deuce (sp) tied 40-40, my set point, 6-5. I'm ready to assume that I just won :-P

After tennis he took us to some little Chinese restaurant in China town. It has been WAY too long since I had good chinese food. They have "Chinese food" all over the place in DC... but it is really quite attrocious compared to what I could get back home in Seattle.

Overall it's been a VERY good P-Day! The rest of these days went very nicely as well. Selena (an investigator who lives 2 floors down from us in our building) is excited for her baptism in the next couple weeks. My companions are (as always) a lot of fun, and Elder Montoya and I are going to try and sing "Via Dolorosa" at Sacrament meeting before this transfer ends. I recommend looking that song up it's beautiful.

Much love to all of you. Keep the letters coming those who have been writing... the rest of you... the best time to start is now! :)

-Elder Ted E. Bear

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Hope you have a great weekend!
♥ Hugs :)

Suzie said...

Sounds like your having a great time