Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Epistle 12.17.08

*Elder Bear celebrated his own birthday this past weekend, just a day away from the birth of his first nephew. A very happy birthday to Elder Bear, and a very Merry Christmas!

Can't believe the year is almost over!

First things first, it is my Mom's Birthday on friday! Happy Birthday to her! This is a big birthday for her as she is turning 30! The big 3 decades! Or maybe she just looks 30... since beauty is ageless it is just so hard to remember how long this earth has been graced with her presence... never sure.

She thinks I should be a lawyer, I wonder why...

Things are really good here. I am probably moving on Saturday, and will find out for sure and where I'm going tomorrow night, which is exciting.

I've learned so much from Anacostia, and from my trainer. It has been an incredible time and I've loved (almost) every minute of it, and the few minutes I haven't loved in retrospect were the most important and valuable moments. Funny how that works in life.

One of the biggest things that I've learned is that I don't know very much when compared with the Lord. No matter how smart I am and no matter how much I know, I'll always be better off listening to the spirit, because God knows more! Simple, obvious things like that, which you've always known, but never learned can make a big difference once you truly learn them. And I like getting better.

This is a very short Preparation Day today, because transfers are on saturday instead of the normal Wednesday, we have two half P-days. Which means we have from 10am-1pm to get done laundry, shopping, e-mail and letters. NOT a lot of time!

I love you all. I know that this is the true church of our Lord Jesus Christ. I know he loves me. I know he loves you. I know that because of his Atoning sacrifice we can become better children of our Heavenly Father every day, every hour, every minute, and every second of our lives, and I am exceedingly grateful for that, because I always want to be progressing, changing and getting better.

Merry Christmas!

-Elder Ted E. Bear

No comments: